Roses are probably one of the most widely used and appreciated flowers in the world. Not because of its exotic sweet scent, but because of its beauty and elegance. Roses in fact have many uses and symbolisms that’s why people are so into growing roses.
Rose gardening is not only perfect for people who have flower shops, it is also great for people who are into making perfumes, candles, herbal medicine or simply for people who love roses.
To start your very own rose garden you should know the different pressure points that you need to overcome to make sure that your roses grow healthy.
1. Before planting your roses, you have to check the kind of soil that you have in your would be rose garden. Roses grow best in rich soil that is well drained. They thrive well when there is enough sunlight and water, so you have to see if the land is near a very good water supply and if it receives enough sunlight.
The best sunlight comes from the morning sun, because it dries the extra water in the plants easily without scorching its leaves. The morning sun also kills unwanted bacteria and weeds.
2. The next step is to choose the kind of rose plant that is perfect for your climate. There are many types of roses which you can choose from, you just have to do your research and find out the kinds
3. Plant your roses spaced properly to leave enough room for each plant to grow. If the roses are planted so close together, they will compete for sunlight, water and fertilizers. If this happens they will not grow properly and the colors will not be as vibrant as you would want them to be.
4. It is advisable to water your plants regularly. You can also install a small sprinkler system to give your roses enough supply of water. However you must also refrain from over-watering your plants.
5. Roses can either grow in containers and they can also grow directly in the ground. Now, you have two options to choose from. If you live in an area with very little space, you may opt to use containers to plant your roses in. in case you decide to use pots or other containers for your roses, you should make sure that you keep them watered on a regular basis or else they will dry up in an instant.
6. Keep notes and record your progress. Be observant and list down everything that you observe in your plants. Check how well and how fast your roses grow and study them well. This way you get to know what are the things that you are doing right and the things that you need to improve on. Keeping a record of what’s happening will ensure a successful rose gardening for a very long time.
There are also other things that you can consider when rose gardening. If you are a beginner, you can start by planting landscape roses since they are studier and more resistant to certain diseases. They are very decorative and will produce flowers for many years.
Shrub roses are also great for beginners because they are tougher and blooms faster and longer. This kind of rose is also very fragrant, it’s great to accentuate your garden and the flowers will make any room smell really nice. But this rose should not be planted by people who have sensitive allergies to certain smells. So make sure you are not allergic.
One great type of rose is known as miniature roses. Through rose gardening you can choose to take on the smaller type of rose in a snap. These small roses can be used as accents in every home. They are as fragrant as a regular sized rose bloom. These are great for indoor decoration because you can just plant them in small deep containers.
There are many tips on how to start the art of rose gardening, but the best one would be planning. Everything will work as long as you plan your tactics and techniques well.
Rose gardening is a passion for many of us. We can grow them in our garden or in a pot indoors.
The best time to plant rose is spring or late in the autumn. Select a space for the rose plant where its roots will be free to penetrate and will not be in competition with roots of other plants. Never let the roots of the rose plant to dry out before or during planting. Before planting soak the whole plant in water overnight.
Roses require routine tender care. You will forget all your hard work when you will find your garden replete with blooming roses.